Monday, July 12, 2010

Chocolate bday mousse!

So it has been brought to my attention that I've been a little lazy with the blog posting. I guess the fact that my last post was 4 months ago kinda answers that question. But with two vacations, four birthdays (including my own), a sibling graduation AND preparing to move at the beginning of August, I've been pretty busy. Oh, and don't forget that I work for two families, as well as freelance. But, on to the business at hand...

This past Saturday, my family celebrated my sister's 28th bday and I was in charge of dessert. Thought it wasn't a surprise (my sister helped me plan it), she and the rest of the family loved it! I made the chocolate mousse from the back of the Jello sugar free chocolate pudding box (recipe below). From there it was a 6 step process:

1) Crack a butter cookie into two or three pieces and place a the bottom of a glass (I used martini glasses because they were on hand and prettier, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo).
2) Put two to three heaping tablespoons of mousse on top of crackers.
3) Next, place a dollop of whipped cream or cool whip on top.
4) Sprinkle crushed butter cookie crumbs over top.
5) Grate chocolate shavings over it (I used dark, as requested).
6) Place four or five berries around the edge (I used raspberries and blackberries).

It was delicious!

Jello Chocolate Mousse Recipe


1 box of Jello Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Pudding
1 1/2 cups of milk
2 squares of baking chocolate
1/2 cup cool whip

Place baking chocolate and 1 cup milk in a large bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Add pudding packet and remainder of milk, and beat for two minutes. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool. Mix in cool whip just before serving.

Happy baking!

2 comments:

  1. Kels,
    It was delicious! Thanks for making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    I just saw your blog through Sandy's.
    Thanks for the recipe.

    We have to get you posting more often!!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete